What do our customers achieve when using our brick slip cladding systems?
- Improved quality of appearance
- Design flexibility
- Ease of construction
- Thinner walls/increased internal floor area
- Less reliance on good weather
- Reduction in build programme
- Reduced impact on environment*
- Elimination of scaffolding
- Elimination of wind posts and support angles
- Reduction in line loads
- Reduction in foundation & substrate requirements
- Reduction in vehicular movements – to site and on site
- Reduction in storage areas
- Proven in the UK for over 15 years
*Using brick cladding can reduce the impact on the environment due to its use of brick slips, which are typically 20% of bricks. Thinner pieces of clay require less material and embodied energy to produce them, as well as less (or an elimination of) cement due to a reduced mortar depth.
What is brick slip cladding?
Brick slips are used for wall cladding. They replicate the look of traditional bricks but are a cost-effective and safe method of achieving a brick finish to a building without using real brick. They come in a range of systems for attaching them to an external wall and are available in a range of designs and colours.
Can brick slips be used externally?
Yes, brick slips can be used externally. Brick slips are used by many in the construction industry for cladding buildings to give them a fantastic classic look without the downsides that come along with real brick construction.